The weather’s cooler, the leaves are turning colors and everyone is excited for all things pumpkin spice!
So, I’ve got some fun ideas for November and Thanksgiving music and movement activities lined up for you.
NOVEMBER MUSIC ACTIVITY #1
Let’s start with a DANCE!
“Do the Turkey Dance” Yes, I look pretty weird in this video- but hopefully it will get the kids dancing and moving around!
Gobble up this action song “Do the Turkey Dance” so your students can READ-MOVE-SING all the turkey actions. They’ll love making their own little turkey action books, coloring the turkeys and singing along with the animated video!
Teachers will love having the coloring pages and little action book for literacy stations or daily 5 work.
“Do the Turkey Dance” is also perfect for Preschool and Kindergarten music activities.
Students will have fun trying to move in the right directions and copy the actions of the silly turkey dancer. Diverse teacher materials for Literacy and Music teachers. Best for PreK-2nd Grade.
NOVEMBER MUSIC ACTIVITY #2
Let’s do a FREEZE DANCE!
Did you know that this resource has MUSIC LESSONS FOR DYNAMICS? Yes! With flashcards and worksheets!
Coloring Pages for each action.
4 Worksheets for: HIGH/LOW, FAST/SLOW, LOUD/SOFT, EXPRESSION.
Eleven (11) Activity Directions
Lesson Plans for Creative Movement, HIGH/LOW, FAST/SLOW, LOUD/SOFT, EXPRESSION.
Station/Center Activities- All on 1 page and each activity on a flash card to use at the station.
Movement Rules & Bubble space posters
Turkey Freeze Dance | Turkey Dance and Freeze | Music and P.E. Activity
Turkey Freeze Dance just in time to work out those wiggles!
Turkey Dance and Freeze for Kindergarten music and P.E. classes.
I think this is the perfect activity for Kindergarten music class! Especially if you use the DYNAMICS ACTIVITIES
Maybe we should get down to learning the STEADY BEAT!
NOVEMBER MUSIC ACTIVITY #3
Try this NEW Turkey Body Percussion activity!
Adorable TURKEY actions body percussion on the Steady Beat.
Students will love to play and move with the Turkeys as the move to the beat using the video activity. Practice the patterns, with the video, then students can create their own body percussion moves using the FLASH CARDS and GOOGLE SLIDES activities.
The teacher guide offers music lesson outlines and activities for music activities for the month of November.
This resource offers a variety of teaching strategies and learning experiences to help your students internalize the steady beat. Best for PreK-2nd Grade
There are so many ways to incorporate fun movement activities into your music lessons. This BLOG POST has specific ideas and links to more music and movement activities for your Thanksgiving music lessons.
I like to have my lesson plans all worked out for the quarter- that’s one reason I created music lesson bundles.
Gobble up this extraordinary music lesson bundle for your K-5 elementary music classes. November is the perfect time for rhythm, body percussion, action songs, playing instruments and singing/chanting activities to strengthen music literacy.
The November music lesson bundle includes activities that will focus on the music elements MELODY, PITCH, TIMBRE, HARMONY, TEXTURE, DYNAMICS, RHYTHM and cover music standards for rhythm, beat, singing, playing instruments, reading and creating music, as well as opportunities for movement and Freeze Dance.
The bundle includes a music lesson and Rhythm Activity for K-2 and a different one for grades 3-6.
These materials provide enough materials for your entire month of music activities when combined with the FREEZE DANCE movement activity.
You may find that you have too much material!
Each resource has a complete description and a teacher guide- be sure to check there for details on how to use the materials in this bundle.
Elementary music teachers will love having this bundle of music activities in November for all their classes.
You’ll be able to coordinate and use materials across grade levels to fit the needs of YOUR students.
- Music Symbols, Terms, Notation
- Playing Instruments
- Creative Movement
- Reading Notation
- FILE TYPES: PDF, Ppt. Mp3, Video
- SUGGESTED GRADE LEVEL: K-6
- RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- K-2 Thanksgiving Rhythm Level 1-Quarter, eighth and quarter rest, Turkey Body Percussion, Music Chant/Song L1 Music Lesson “Turkey Stew” , Turkey Freeze Dance
- 3-6 Thanksgiving Mixed Rhythms, Music Chant/Song Orff Arrangement L2 “Fluffy Feathered Turkey”, Turkey Freeze Dance
- GOOGLE SLIDES: Mixed, Rhythms, Turkey Body Percussion, Thanksgiving Rhythms L1, “Fluffy Feathered Turkey”
- AUDIO/MUSIC TRACKS: “Fluffy Feathered Turkey”, “Turkey Stew”
- RESOURCES INCLUDED & RHYTHM CONCEPTS:
- Mixed Rhythms- Whole, half, quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes
- Rhythm Level 1-Quarter, eighth and quarter rest
- Turkey Body Percussion-Steady Beat actions
- Music Chant/Song L1 Music Lesson “Turkey Stew” -Quarter, eighth, half notes and quarter rest
- Music Chant/Song Orff Arrangement L2 “Fluffy Feathered Turkey” Quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes and rest.
- VIDEO RESOURCES:
- VIDEO: Mixed Rhythms- Whole, half, quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes
- VIDEO: Rhythm Level 1-Quarter, eighth and quarter rest
- VIDEO: Turkey Body Percussion-Steady Beat actions
- VIDEO: Music Chant/Song L1 Music Lesson “Turkey Stew” -Quarter, eighth, half notes and quarter rest
- AUDIO: Music Chant/Song Orff Arrangement L2 “Fluffy Feathered Turkey” Quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes and rest.
- VIDEO: Turkey Freeze Dance-Movement activity as well as mini lessons and materials to teach Music Dynamics HIGH/LOW, FAST/SLOW, LOUD/SOFT
- Turkey Freeze Dance-Movement activity as well as mini lessons and materials to teach Music Dynamics HIGH/LOW, FAST/SLOW, LOUD/SOFT
- Music Chant/Song Orff Arrangement L2 “Fluffy Feathered Turkey”
UPPER ELEMENTARY MUSIC LESSON
Upper elementary music students are going to gobble up this fun Orff song/chant to teach and practice sixteenth notes.
Can’t sing in class? That’s okay! You can use the Orff arrangement for students to play instruments. Chant the song using the rhythmic notation.
Save the singing for next year! This is a complete music lesson with extension activities to use the song to teach more music concepts. Your students can find out where the “Fluffy Feathered Turkey” goes to escape Thanksgiving Day.
Easy to learn and play, your students will find success using the dynamic materials in this elementary music lesson resource.
NOVEMBER MUSIC ACTIVITY #5
Finally, you’ll want to check out NOVEMBER MUSIC STATIONS. I give specific steps and how to’s in this informative article.
I’m hoping you’ve been able to GOBBLE up some FUN new activities for your November and Thanksgiving lessons in elementary music.