Elementary Music teachers need Songs, Games, Décor, Lessons, Rules, Planner, music lessons and activities to establish or embellish their music classroom and curriculum. Here’s 10 reasons how the Music Lesson Year Long Bundle bundle will solve your music curriculum needs.
Imagine having music lessons for the entire school year for the general music classroom?
Keep reading to find out how the Year Long Music Lesson Bundle of Bundles, can kick-start and embellish your existing elementary music curriculum.
For example: the concept based music lessons, songs, games, activities center on themes throughout the school year which will solve your music curriculum needs.
THE TEN REASONS THIS BUNDLE SOLVES MUSIC TEACHER CURRICULUM NEEDS
Kodaly & Orff!
Audio & Video!
Games, Activities and Movement
K-6 MUSIC LESSONS
Keep reading to learn how the year long music lesson bundle will solve your music curriculum problems.
Firstly, the year long music lesson bundle has the materials for lessons, movement, and music programs that solve your music curriculum problems.
Each music lesson bundle provides learning opportunities for General Music Students in grades K-6
CONCEPT BASED LESSONS WILL SOLVE YOUR CURRICULUM NEEDS
And of course, the lessons support the National Arts Music Standards which are based on the Core Elements of Music.
So what’s the purpose of the year long music lesson bundle?
Secondly, the purpose of the Year Long music lesson bundle is to support and embellish and/or kick-start an elementary general music curriculum.
That’s why I’ve included planning pages to help you coordinate your entire year’s curriculum based on your own scope and sequence.
The music lessons incorporate and compliment Kodaly, Orff and other music learning methodologies.
The Year long music lesson bundle is teacher friendly too!
Every resource comes with a presentation file and a PDF file.
There is a Teacher Guide which includes a table for each monthly music lesson bundle with lesson, concept, grade level and materials listed.
And, each Monthly Music Lesson Bundle has a separate teacher guide with directions and information.
In the end, I’m hoping you can see how this bundle of music lessons will solve your music curriculum problems because of this planner.
You’ll be able to use the lesson, weekly, monthly and yearly planning organizers to sequence and coordinate the lesson in your current curriculum.
You will want to refer to the “Teaching Directions” for each resource as part of your planning.
Please remember it’s not expected that you teach everything offered in each bundle.
AUDIO AND VIDEO MATERIALS
There are over 5 Video lessons included in this mega resource.
Video lessons have the slides and music together. This teaching tool enables you to be more hands free in your classroom.
Audio files for the songs, whether practice or performance will give you opportunities to “rest” your voice.
GAMES, ACTIVITIES AND MOVEMENT
Every music lesson in this bundle includes an opportunity for students to interact through games and movement.
Keeping students moving will keep them engaged too.
Inevitable, integrating movement opportunities will help your students better connect to the learning goals.
Having music lessons and activities that connect culture with music concepts will improve student learning.
Connections are made when learning material is relevant (holiday) and memorable (fun!)
Many of the holiday themed music lessons can be used as part of a music program.
I hope you’re getting the idea now that I’m convinced that keeping students engaged requires interactive, movement oriented, and diverse learning opportunities.
Music lessons with seasonal applications will do just that! Help your students connect with music concepts using these seasonally themed lessons.
KODALY & ORFF
Many of the music lessons have both Kodaly and Orff elements. The music lesson may included solfege, and the activities may included playing a simple Orff arrangement.
The reason I include both is to help teachers who use a variety of teaching strategies and to support Kodaly teachers.
In addition, I believe that when the students, sing, play and create (lol) they can perform better.
Music lessons include interactive materials to keep student engagement high.
And, the music lessons include games, dances, and/or movement opportunities along with worksheets.
The vocal exploration materials all include animated power points.
You’ll be able to build your stations using the interactive materials, and to leave them for your substitute lessons too.
Because the materials include interactive learning opportunities, you’ll have plenty of teaching strategies to ensure that all student needs are met.
That’s why the year long music bundle provides a variety of choices to meet your students needs and solve your music curriculum problems.
All of these lessons have been tested by me, in my classroom.
I’ve developed these lessons in the “trenches” based on my training and experience working with children.
You can solve many of your curriculum needs with this music lesson bundle.
Let’s get to the details!
Take a look at this blog post with details about what you need to build your music curriculum and classroom.
YEAR LONG MUSIC LESSON BUNDLE RESOURCE INCLUDES:
Teacher Planning Pages:
- List of All Music Bundles and Materials
- Table of Resources and Concepts for Each Monthly Bundle
- National Arts Standards
- National Arts Standards I CAN statements.
- Music Standards Scope and Sequence Fill in Chart by Grade
- Sequence and Scope Grade Level Organizer
- Quarter Planning by Grade
- Monthly Planning by Grade
- Monthly Planner- all Grades
- Weekly Planner by Grade
- Weekly Planning All Grades
- Music Lesson Plan Templates
Finally, here is a list of the links to all of the Sing Play Create Monthly Music Lesson Bundles.
Click on the bundle title to get a more in depth look at the materials included in each resource.
MUSIC LESSON MATERIALS FOR YOUR MUSIC CURRICULUM
This is a unique type of music lesson bundle because most of the materials are original.
Though there are some “standard” Kodaly music lessons in this bundle, you’ll be delighted by the amount of original content.
Materials can completely and seamlessly coordinate with any Kodaly, MLT, Orff music program.
Take a look at this list of music lessons and materials! 64 Resources!
- K-2 “Apple Tree” Game Song and Music Lesson (So-mi)
- 2-4 “Apple Tree” Game Song and Music Lesson (so-mi-la)
- Back To School Game & Chant: “Get To Know Ya” Music Lesson
- Back To School “Hello” Song and Game Music Lesson
- Concert Manners Poem
- Choral Song :”Come Along And Sing With Me”.
- Body Percussion Activities and Music Lessons
- “Leaves Are Falling All Around” Music Lessons
- Fall Vocal Explorations
- “Five Little Acorns” Music Lessons
- “I Had a Dog” and “Doggie, Doggie” Where’s Your Bone?” Music Lessons
- Pirate Rhythm Chants and Activities
- “Boo Hoo” Rhythm Chant And Game
- Fall And Halloween Listening Activities
- “Halloween Brain Breaks”
- “Halloween Rhythm And Composition Activities”
- “Skin And Bones” Music Lesson
- “Old Mother Witch” Music Lesson
- “Pumpkin, Pumpkin” Music Lesson
- “The Black Cat” Music Lesson
- Vocal Explorations With Monsters
- Patriotic Song and Music Lesson “We Remember Veterans”
- “Turkey,Turkey”-Orff and Kodaly Game Song
- ”I’ve Got the Turkey Blues-Song for Guitar
- Turkey Vocal Explorations
- ”We Are Thankful” Thanksgiving Song
- “November, November” Kodaly Song and Lesson
- November Composing Activities K-6 No Prep
- Holiday Vocal Explorations
- “Christmas is a Time for Caring” Holiday Song
- “December Lights” Music Lesson
- “I Have a Little Dreidle” Music Lesson
- “Jolly Old St. Nicholas” Kodaly and Orff Music Lesson
- Holiday Music Class Worksheets
- “New Year, New Year” Music Lesson
- “Snowman, Snowman” Music Lesson
- “January, January” Music Lesson
- “Hey, Mr. Snowman” Movement Activity
- “Frosty Weather” Music Lesson
- Winter Vocal Explorations With Penguins
- “Valentine Candy” Music Lesson
- “Valentine’s Day” Music Lesson
- President’s Day Coin Rap Music Lesson
- February Vocal Explorations
- February Worksheets (K-6)
- “Pass The Valentine” Game Song And Music Lesson
- “Who Will Catch the Leprechaun” Game/Dance
- Music Lesson March Rhythm Shuffle Chant with Rhythm Game and Dance
- Worksheets-March Music Theme
- “March is Music Month” Orff Song and Music Lesson
- Rhythm and Music Symbol Game “Don’t Steal My Gold”
- “Where’s The Easter Egg?” Game Song And Music Lesson
- “If You Buy A Pepperoni Pizza“ Music Lesson
- “Let’s Plant A Garden” Orff Game Song And Music Lesson
- “Shake Your Egg!” Activity Song For
- April Music Class Worksheets
- “Earth Day Is A Special Day” Song And Music Lesson
- Buggy Vocal Explorations
- May Music Class Worksheets
- “May Flowers” Song and Game with Orff and Kodaly Music Lessons
- Garden Vocal Explorations and Game
- “Ten Little Bunnies” Activity Song with Rhythm, Drama and Puppet
- Music Lesson: “Dragonfly” Kodaly, Orff Song
- Choral Song: “Be A Point of Light”
Ultimately, elementary general music teachers may find the beginning of the year overwhelming and frustrating trying to plan for and create materials for 6-7 grade levels.
That’s why you’ll want to take a look at each of the resources to get a better understanding of the materials and content.
But, I’m hoping that this resource will solve your music curriculum needs.
Please share this post with your music teacher friends!