TALK LIKE A PIRATE AND STEAL THIS TREASURE #1
PIRATE SONG AND DANCE RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- Vocal and Accompaniment MP3 Tracks
- Sheet Music for Melody, Bass, Bells, Drum
- Teaching Pages
- Dance Steps
- Rhythm Practice
MUSIC CONCEPTS TAUGHT:
- Quarter Rest
USE PIRATE SONG AND DANCE RESOURCE TO:
- Teach musical concepts such as melody, bass, and ostinato
- Celebrate “Talk Like a Pirate Day”
WAYS TO USE THIS PIRATE RESOURCE:
- Kinder-1st Grade: Can sing the song and do the dance
- Second-3rd-4th: Can play all parts and create some pirate moves
- 5th and 6th: Can play all parts and create some pirate moves or experiment by composing a melodic or rhythmic ostinato.
MORE INFO ON THIS RESOURCE:
- The dance is very easy to learn. You can adapt it for older students by asking them to create their own moves or add to the ones in the resource.
- The Power Point has teaching pages of the Rhythms, Note Names, and Lyrics.
- The Orff arrangement is for Xylophone, Bass Xylophone, Jingle Bells and Hand Drum, but you could exchange those for any instrument of your choice.
- Each part is on a separate piece of sheet music and all parts are on the master.
Ahoy Mateys! Avast! and Yo Ho! There be more treasure in these waters today.
TALK LIKE A PIRATE AND STEAL THIS TREASURE #2
PIRATE RHYTHM CHANTS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- Three Music Lesson Plans with Learning Goals. Lesson plans can be extended to cover between 4-6 class times.
- Eight Pirate Chants
- Four Chants use quarter and eighth notes.
- Three Chants use sixteenth, quarter and eighth notes.
- Each chant is written in three versions: plain text, rhythmic text, text with rhythmic notation. (black and white plain text and rhythmic notation.)
- Pirate Beat Chart
- Six Rhythm Writing Printables
- Write Your Own Pirate Chant Printable
- One Rhythm Composition Printable in Color to use on a smart board.
- Movement activity using body percussion to play the rhythms.
- Mini-Cards of all Chants-ALL THREE VERSIONS!
- This resource comes in PDF and PowerPoint for easy printing and projecting!
MUSIC CONCEPTS TAUGHT:
- Quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes
USE THE PIRATE CHANTS
- Music Program
- Extension activities for rhythms
- Perfect for your sub tub!
***Please note that Kindergarten through 2nd grade students may need to be taught the chants using echo voice. (Teacher speaks-students copy)
Ahoy! There be more TREASURE in these here waters!
TALK LIKE A PIRATE AND STEAL THIS TREASURE #3
If you liked this post, please consider sharing it on social media!